Wine Tasting- Pian di Nova Syrah-Sangiovese

Saturday, March 26, 2022

Hi Again :)

The wine I tasted for this post was the 2018 Pian di Nova Syrah-Sangiovese (75% Syrah and 25% Sangiovese) from Tuscany, Italy. This wine is about $20.00 per bottle. The Il Borro Wines website describes this wine as having a soft and enveloping taste with noninvasive tannins. It has a good acidity making it pleasant to drink, and is a well balanced wine. 



Recommended Pairings: traditional Tuscan dishes, bread-based or vegetable soups, aged or blue-veined cheeses.

Aroma: red fruit, specifically cherry (wine folly textbook page 31)

Secondary Aroma: earth, specifically cured meat (wine folly textbook page 31)

Tertiary Aroma: general aging, specifically black cherry and tobacco (wine folly textbook page 31)

Flavors: this wine was perfectly balanced with a good acidity.

Grape Varietal Characteristics: the most planted grape in Australia (wine folly textbook page 172)


My Thoughts💭

This is probably one of my most favorite wines I have ever tasted. I would recommend this to a friend who enjoys a good red wine. I will be buying this again! I had it before I ate my entree at a restaurant, so I paired it with bread and oil and a salad. I really enjoyed the way the lighter foods made the taste of the wine more intense because I really enjoyed the flavor and wanted every bit I could get. 

Comments