Wine Tasting- Kendall Jackson Pinot Noir

 Sunday, February 27, 2022

Hellooo wine peeps!

The wine that I tasted this week was the 2019 Kendall Jackson Pinot Noir from Vintner's Reserve in California. This wine is $20.00 per bottle. The Kendall Jackson website describes this wine as a dark garnet gem that delivers bright cherry, strawberry, and raspberry fruit with elegant earthy notes infused with cola and mild spice accents. It also says that it was oak aged which adds a hint of vanilla and a soft, toasty finish. 



Recommended Pairings: salmon, roasted chicken, or pasta dishes, mushroom, and pork.

Aroma: red fruit, specifically cherry (wine folly textbook page 31)

Secondary Aroma: potting soil (wine folly textbook page 31)

Tertiary Aroma: cola and vanilla (wine folly textbook page 31)

Flavors: This is a dry wine, medium-bodied, and has a high acidity. 

Grape Varietal Characteristics: red fruit flavors with a dark blue skin color (wine folly textbook page 150)


My Thoughts💭

I thought this wine was pretty good! The more I am tasting the more I am starting to find what I really like, and light dry wines are towards the top of my list. I would pair this with a chicken or pasta dish, but did not pair it with any food while tasting it.

Comments