Wine Tasting- Barefoot Pink Moscato

Friday, February 4, 2022

Hello again fellow wine lovers!

The wine that I tasted this week was the 2021 Barefoot Pink Moscato made in California, U.S. It is $5.00 per bottle, making it a popular choice among college students and people looking to just have a cheap glass of wine. Total wine describes it as having aromas of mandarin orange and jasmine crashing into each other to create a deliciously sweet sea of pink goodness, with subtle flavors of cherry, raspberry, and pomegranate.

Recommended Pairings: walnut and goat cheese salad, pepperoni pizza with pepper flakes, lemon and rosemary chicken, vanilla bean gelato, and fresh fruit.

Aroma: tree fruit and red fruit (Wine Folly textbook page 31).

Secondary aroma: pomegranate and nectarine (Wine Folly textbook page 31).

Tertiary aroma: cedar (Wine Folly textbook page 31).

Flavors: The flavors of this wine are sweet and fruity (Wine Folly textbook page 32). This is an indication that the grapes had a lot of sugar.

Grape Varietal Characteristics: red/tree fruit flavors and a dark blue skin color (Wine Folly textbook page 150).


My Thoughts💭

Overall I thought this wine had pretty good flavors and was nice and light. As a novice wine taster, I typically enjoy lighter and sweeter wines, but this was just a little bit too sweet for me. I would say is that it may be a little bit out of balance because of how sweet the flavor is, and could stand to have more tannins or a higher acidity. I think this wine would be better paired with food to tone out the sweetness. I could see myself buying this wine again and having it with a big slice of pepperoni pizza on the couch watching a movie with friends!😋


Comments