Wine Dinner #1

Wine Dinner

February 12, 2022



Last week I had the chance to pair 3 different wines with 3 different course of a meal! My friend Gabi made homemade ravioli and we had a great 3 course meal with our boyfriends. This was so much fun and I plan to do it many more times with my friends. 







Appetizer: Pinot Grigio with Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette 
This wine had a pear and green apple flavor with a hint of citrus flavors. Drinking the wine with the salad brought out the flavors of the balsamic vinaigrette and mellowed out the body for both the wine and the vinaigrette because the strong flavors cancelled out.





















Dinner: Chianti with Homemade Cheese & Spinach Ravioli and Red Sauce
Tasting this wine alone provided flavors of cherry, strawberry, and dried herbs. Pairing the wine with the ravioli was delicious! I got this wine because I read that Chianti pairs especially well with Italian dishes featuring tomato sauce because Tuscany is the land of Chianti. The wine cut the saltiness of the rede sauce and I was able to taste the herbal flavors more and the sweetness of the tomato was expressed much more.


















Dessert: Prosecco and Vanilla Gelato
This was my favorite pairing! The prosecco on its own was very light-bodied and crisp. It was delightful to drink on its own. Pairing it with the ice cream was the perfect way to end this meal! The bubbling of the prosecco made it really fun to eat the ice cream, and they both had neutral flavors so one did not overpower another.






Comments