Wine Tasting- Vanishing Act

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Hello and welcome to my wine blog!

For my first post, the wine I tasted was the 2020 Pinot Noir, Vanishing Act from Willamette Valley in Oregon, U.S. This wine is $25.00 per bottle, and I tried it with my friend Gabi who got it in a wine subscription she ordered. The wine subscription came with a card that described the taste of this wine, and they noted that it has hints of strawberry, cherry, fresh mushroom and cedar on the finish.

Recommended pairings: It is recommended that while drinking this wine, it should be paired with roasted mushrooms, beef wellington, and true crime documentaries.

Aroma: red fruit, specifically strawberry (Wine Folly textbook page 31).

Secondary aroma: wet gravel (Wine Folly textbook page 31).

Tertiary aroma: cedar (Wine Folly textbook page 31).

Flavors: The flavors of this wine are dry and acidic (Wine Folly textbook page 32). This wine also has a cedar aftertaste indicating that there are different layers.

Grape Varietal Characteristics: red fruit flavors and a long smooth sift tannin finish (Wine Folly textbook page 150).


My Thoughts💭

Overall I thought this wine was good, but I personally do not enjoy the flavor of mushrooms. I did not pair this wine with any food, so I do not know how that may affect the flavor and overall experience. I am hoping to expand my wine pallet, though, and taste and review many more wines! I can't wait to go home after this semester and impress my parents and their friends with all my awesome wine knowledge. 😎



Comments